Summer English Camp
at Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
2, 3, or 4 week English Course + Activities
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
As one of the most prestigious and established universities in the United States, Georgetown University is the epitome of academic tradition and East Coast charm. CISL’s Summer English Camp offers students the opportunity to live and study on this beautiful campus and connect themselves to the tradition of collegiate excellence that began in 1789.
With the CISL Junior Program at Georgetown, students attend classes for two, three, or four weeks. Classrooms follow CISL’s small-class policy (an average of 8 students per class) and implement CISL’s stimulating curriculum, which focuses on fluency activities designed to improve each student’s confidence while speaking English. The program additionally offers workshops in the afternoon so students can gain an in-depth understanding of American culture.
With its cobblestone streets, charming 18th century architecture, and gorgeous campus situated on a hill overlooking the Potomac River, Georgetown is a charming escape from the excitement of the nearby U.S. capital. During the afternoons, CISL organizes activities that allow students to explore beautiful Georgetown. On Wednesdays, students see the best of the East Coast with excursions to Baltimore, New York City, and Philadelphia.
- An idyllic, natural setting on a hilltop overlooking the Potomac River
- Located in D.C.’s historic Georgetown neighborhood, complete with tree lined, cobblestone streets and exquisite 18th century architecture
- Classes at Georgetown University, one of the oldest and most beautiful campuses in the nation
- Minutes from exciting and historic Washington D.C., the U.S. capital
- Students live and study on the attractive Georgetown University campus, with green spaces and gorgeous Collegiate Gothic and Georgian brick buildings
- Students stay in Harbin Hall (shared room/shared bath), which boasts beautiful views and provides a warm, welcoming environment
- 21 meals per week included
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
- Communal kitchen on each dorm level
- Students study on Georgetown University’s campus and enjoy access to its modern and beautiful facilities
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- 20 English courses (total of 17 hours) per week
- Classes 5 days per week from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Afternoon Cultural Workshops (twice weekly)
- CISL offers a full schedule of afterschool and weekend activities that allow students to enjoy the best entertainment, museums, restaurants, and shopping of the East Coast
- Afterschool and evening activities encourage socialization, a better understanding of American culture, and physical activity
- Weekend half day activities to nearby locations, theme parks, and museums
- An all-day excursion each week to cities like Baltimore, New York City, and Philadelphia
- See the sample Georgetown activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
|Georgetown University Summer International Junior Program|
Classes: 20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: In addition to English classes 5 days per week 9:00am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10.
Georgetown University Residence: Harbin Hall, 21 meals/week
Half-day activities plus one all-day excursion. View sample activities calendar.
|Airport Transfers|| |
Airport and/or Local Transportation Fee for * Groups: $100 (not included in price). Individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|Georgetown Junior Program Daily Schedule|
|9:00-10:40||English Class||All day excursion|| |
|Optional Excursion Day|
|11:00-12:30||English Class||English Class|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities||Afternoon and Evening Activities|
* Afternoon Cultural Workshops are included.
* Tuesday July 4th is a national holiday; activities will be provided on this day.