Summer English Program
at LMU Los Angeles
2, 3, or 4 week English Courses + Activities + Optional 1 week California Coast Trip
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
The glamour of Los Angeles and California living come together at Loyola Marymount University (LMU), which sits on a hill looking over the LA skyline and the Pacific Ocean. CISL’s LMU Summer English Program offers students the chance to study at Loyola Marymount for two, three, or four weeks and also includes an option for an additional one-week California Coast Trip.
With the LMU Summer English Program, students take part in CISL’s traditionally small classroom (an average of just 8 students per instructor!) and quickly improve their speaking and comprehension skills through practices focusing on fluency, comprehension, and communication confidence. Classes are all held on LMU’s expansive campus in classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities. Afternoons are dedicated to cultural workshops and CISL activities such as exploring nearby Santa Monica, shopping in Los Angeles, or attending LA museums. On the weekends, students enjoy longer excursions to other Southern California locations such as Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach, and Six Flags Magic Mountain Amusement Park.
The optional one-week California Coast Trip allows students to see more of beautiful California. As they travel alongside the Pacific Ocean, students taken in the California Coast from north to south, exploring San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, and Santa Barbara before completing their journey in Los Angeles.
- Classes and accommodation located at stunning Loyola Marymount University, a private institution with superb views of Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean
- A safe, serene campus with the most modern academic and recreational facilities
- Easy access to exciting and start-studded Los Angeles
- Students live and study at Loyola Marymount University (LMU), known as one of the most beautiful campuses in California
- LMU residences with suite-style accommodations (shared room/shared bath)
- 21 meals per week provided
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
- Classes held on LMU’s stunning Spanish Mission-style campus
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- English classes 5 days per week, 9 am to 12:30 pm
- 20 English courses (total of 17 hours) per week
- Additional afternoon Cultural Workshops (2 per week)
- Afternoon or evening activities are provided Monday through Friday to provide students for additional chances to socialize, exercise, and explore Los Angeles
- Weekday excursions to some of the best museums, beaches, shopping malls, and restaurants in Southern California allow students to see even more of exciting LA
- Weekend excursions to some of the area’s most exciting amusement parks—including Disneyland and Six Flags—and to beautiful Santa Barbara and San Diego
- Optional One-Week California trip to San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles
- See the sample LMU activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
|LMU (Los Angeles) International Junior Program Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30-pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
Afternoon and evening activities Mondays through Saturdays. See the sample LMU activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
California Coast: 6 days/6 nights- San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Barbara. Includes hotels (shared rooms), coach transportation/tickets. Last night in Los Angeles at the end of the trip (in hotel, shared room). Meals not included. View 1 week trip itinerary.
|Additional Costs|| |
Airport Transfers: Group: $100 includes airport transfers (LAX). Individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|9:00-10:40||English Class|| |
|Optional Sunday Excursion|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities|
*Afternoon Cultural Workshops are included. ** Meals are not included on trips. *** Tuesday July 4th is a national holiday; activities will be provided on this day.