Summer English Camp at
the University of San Diego
2, 3, or 4-week English Course + Activities
+ Optional 1 week Southwest Trip
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
Come experience the relaxed vibe of Southern California at its best! Spanish Renaissance and Mission style buildings of the University of San Diego campus set the tone for a beautiful two, three, or four-week stay at CISL’s USD Summer English Camp.
CISL English classes Monday through Friday allow students to interact with other international students and a certified ESL instructor in a warm, engaging, and professional environment. With CISL’s small-class policy, no more than 10 students are placed in each class, ensuring students receive the attention needed to improve their English skills. In addition to English classes, students of the USD program take part in cultural workshops and also have the opportunity to explore beautiful San Diego through CISL-organized afternoon activities. Events include trips to the San Diego Zoo, shopping at Fashion Valley Mall, surfing and biking on Pacific Beach, and exploring upscale La Jolla Village.
The USD English Camp also offers an optional one-week Southwest Trip that includes stops at Disneyland, Universal Studios, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Rodeo Drive before an extended stay in Las Vegas and at the Grand Canyon.
- A stunning University of San Diego location atop Alcala Park with stunning views of Mission Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and San Diego
- Centrally located: San Diego’s beaches, Downtown, and Old Town are just minutes away
- Accommodations on USD’s beautiful campus with buildings inspired by 16th century Spanish architecture
- Students live and study on the safe and peaceful University of San Diego campus
- Residence in spacious and modern on-campus suite-style dorms
- 21 meals per week provided
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
- Classes are held on USD’s campus with modern facilities, gorgeous Spanish Renaissance buildings, and beautiful ocean views
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- English classes from Monday through Friday, 9 am to 12:30 pm with a 20 minute break.
- 20 classes/16 hours of instruction per week
- Additional afternoon Cultural Workshops (2 per week)
- Afternoon or evening activities such as laser tag, visits to local beaches, barbecues, organized sports, and trips to the aquarium allow students to engage in socialization as well as cultural and physical activity
- Weekend trips provide the opportunity to further explore San Diego and other areas of Southern California and enjoy the beautiful local climate
- All-day excursions to exciting locations like nearby Los Angeles and San Diego’s Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Optional 6 day/6 night trip to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon
- See the USD Activities Calendar for more information.
|USD Summer International Junior Program Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
Half-day activities plus one all-day excursion. See the sample USD activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
Best of the Southwest: 6 days/6 nights- Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon. Includes hotels (shared rooms), coach transportation/tickets. Meals not included. View trip itinerary.
|Airport Transfers|| |
Groups: $100 per person from San Diego International Airport (SAN). Individuals: Contact Junior Program Director.
|USD Junior Program Daily Schedule|
|9:00-10:40||English Class|| |
|Optional Sunday Excursion|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities|
* Tuesday July 4th is a national holiday; activities will be provided on this day.