Summer English Camp at UC Berkeley
2, 3, or 4 week English Course + Activities
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
Set against a hillside across the bay from San Francisco, the exciting campus of world famous UC Berkeley welcomes students from around the world. There are many exciting and interesting things to see and do for students nearby.
With CISL’s Summer English Camp in Berkeley, California, the best of the Bay Area is at your fingertips! Students live and study in small-town Berkeley and enjoy the charming cafes, boutiques, and beautiful parks that help make it one of the most charismatic cities in the country. Iconic San Francisco is just minutes away and easily accessed by public transportation.
During the day, students immerse themselves in CISL’s English classes and interact with other international students. The “English only” classroom instruction focuses on the speaking, listening, grammar, and reading skills necessary to communicate effectively in English and uses engaging curriculum to do so. With no more than 10 students per class, students are guaranteed individual attention from their qualified CISL instructor.
Afternoons are reserved for cultural workshops, activities organized by CISL such as park picnics and shopping, and exploration of culturally rich Berkeley, which so many artistic and academic people call “home.” During the weekends, students enjoy excursions to San Francisco and other exciting California locations.
- Classes and accommodations at one of the most acclaimed public institutions in the United States: University of California, Berkeley
- Berkeley, an environmentally conscious town with beautiful green spaces, parks, and charming Strawberry Creek, provides a peaceful escape to nature amid the Bay Area bustle
- Numerous boutiques and cafes offer endless entertainment
- Easy and quick public transportation to San Francisco and the rest of the Bay Area
- Residence on the lovely and safe UC Berkeley campus, with 19th century Beaux-arts Classical style buildings
- Shared room/shared bath
- 21 meals per week included
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities
- Students study on Berkeley’s peaceful and beautiful campus, which overlooks the San Francisco Bay
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- 20 English courses (total of 17 hours) per week
- Classes from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm Monday through Friday (with a 20 minute break)
- Afternoon Cultural Workshops (3 hours per week)
- CISL’s full schedule of afterschool and weekend activities provide students with plenty of opportunities to experience the Bay Area’s museums, parks, shopping, restaurants, and activities
- With well-organized afterschool and evening activities, students have the ability to socialize, gain an even better understanding of American culture, and enjoy physical exercise
- All-day and half-day weekend excursions provide the chance to explore even more of beautiful California and take advantage of its outstanding weather
- See the sample Berkeley Activities Calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
|UC Berkeley Summer International Junior Program Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00.
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops (3 hours/week): In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1:30-3:00 pm, students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
university residence, 21 meals/week (all meals included); shared bath
Afternoon or evening activities Mondays through Fridays; full day Saturday; half day Sunday activity. View our sample activities calendar.
|Airport Transfers|| |
Group: $125 round trip per person
Individual: $125 each way
|UC Berkeley Program Daily Schedule|
|9:00-10:40||English Class|| |
all day excursions
|half day excursions|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon or Evening Activities|
*Afternoon English cultural workshops are included to encourage fluency and spontaneous use of the language, guided debate practice, exchange of ideas and experiences, and active listening practice.
** Monday July 4th is a national holiday; activities will be provided on this day.