Summer English Camp at Yale University
ESL Program at Yale University
2, 3, or 4-week English Course + Activities
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
Students live and study at Yale University, one of the nation’s most prestigious Ivy League schools with over 400 years of rich history and beautiful Gothic and modern style architecture. Yale’s buildings, towers, lawns, courtyards, walkways, gates, and arches comprise what one architecture critic called “the most beautiful urban campus in America." Centuries of academic merit, prestige, and history come together at Yale. Connect yourself to Yale’s outstanding academic tradition with CISL’s Residential Program for teens!
With the CISL summer ESL program, teenagers 13 to 17 attend small classes (an average of just 8 students; never more than 10 students per class) taught by highly qualified CISL instructors. The program offers two, three, or four weeks of CISL English classes, Cultural Workshops, CISL-organized off-campus activities in the afternoon, and weekend excursions.
- Classes and accommodations at on the Yale University campus
- Beautiful, manicured surroundings (the city of New Haven is known as “The Elm City” for its impressive canopy of mature trees)
- Expansive campus with abundant brickwork and Collegiate Gothic architecture
- The city center, full of beautiful New England charm, is located within walking distance
- Residential accommodations on the historic Yale University campus
- Shared room/shared bath
- 21 meals per week included
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
- Students study on Yale University’s beautiful campus with modern facilities
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- 20 English courses (total of 17 hours) per week
- Classes from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm 5 days per week
- Afternoon Cultural Workshops
- CISL’s activity calendar is packed with events immersing students in physical, social, and cultural activities while providing students a chance to improve their English outside of class
- Afternoon, evening, and weekend activities allow students to explore the many museums, theaters, and parks of the city that calls itself the “Cultural Capital of Connecticut”
- Full day Wednesday excursions encourage students to experience as much of the East Coast as possible
- See the Sample Yale Activities Calendar for details on CISL’s exciting activities!
|Yale Summer International Junior Program Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day
Class levels: 4
Cultural workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
Yale University Residence, 21 meals/week
New York City
Half-day activities plus one full day Wednesday excursion. See the sample Yale activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
|Airport Transfers|| |
Airport (JFK) Transportation Fee for * Groups: $125 (not included in price). Individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|Yale Junior Program Daily Schedule|
|9:00-10:40||English Class||All day excursion|| |
|Optional Excursion Day|
|11:00-12:30||English Class||English Class|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural workshops||Cultural workshops||Afternoon Activities||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities||Afternoon and Evening Activities|