Spring is nearly here, which means that summer is around the corner . . . and so are our CISL Junior Programs! Are you coming to California to study English at one of our camps for teens, like our program at UC Berkeley? If so, you’ll soon need to start preparing for your trip by doing a little shopping! (This is the best “homework,” we know!) Click here for more information on CISL’s Junior Program at UC Berkeley.
Here are some of the things that CISL recommends that you bring with you on your trip.
- Valid passport (and visa, if needed)
- A photocopy of the passport and visa
- Pocket money in American dollars, or a preloaded debit card or check card or Visa Card
- Copy of travel insurance details
We recommend taking photos of all of these documents and then emailing them to yourself, so you have a digital copy that you can access from anywhere.
- Enough clothes to last at least two weeks
- Suitable clothes for warm, cold, and wet weather (it CAN rain in the summer in SF!)
- Raincoat and/or umbrella
- Sports clothes: track suit bottoms/shorts, t shirts, sports shoes
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Swimming supplies: swim suit, bathing suit, shorts, goggles, towel
- Suitable clothes for a disco
- Sunglasses and sunscreen (because you ARE in California!)
- Toiletries: toothbrush and toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo, hairbrush, sanitary napkins, etc.
- Medication, if needed.
- Contact lenses and contact solution and glasses (for those who need them).
- Class supplies: notebook, pencils, an eraser, pens.
- Pocket bilingual dictionary
- Adapter for U.S. electrical outlets. The voltage in the United States is 120V/60Hz.
- Camera (unless you exclusively use the one on your smartphone)
If you’ve been to CISL’s Junior Program in Berkeley, what do you recommend that we add to this list? Let us know on the CISL Facebook page. Make sure to tag CISL in your photos on FB and Instagram so we can see you out and about in SF, and click here to see some of the activities our students participate in during their stay.
Photos from Shutterstock.