TOEFL Preparation Course
in San Diego and San Francisco
Maximum 8 students per class. Strong focus on speaking!
Note: Students from visa waiver countries signing up for our 20 lessons/week Standard, TOEFL courses do NOT need student visas.
TOEFL Course Description
The goal of the TOEFL Preparation Course is to prepare students to take the TOEFL iBT test by helping students build the skills necessary to successfully answer the questions and complete the tasks in the test, improve their general and academic English proficiency, and learn effective test‐taking strategies. The TOEFL is recognized by colleges, universities, and agencies in more than 130 countries around the world.
- Language Skills: improve skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Language Control: learn, practice, and review English grammar, pronunciation, word forms, and vocabulary.
- Test Taking: identify and understand different question types, learn tips for handling each section of the test, take practice tests to build familiarity with the test and track progress.
- Academic English: learn, practice, and review academic vocabulary and writing.
- Comprehensive Resources: students receive an in‐depth textbook with explanations, practice questions, and other tools that they can use to supplement their classwork.
- Student Assessment: students are frequently assessed and receive reports on their progress.
- Practice Tests: students take practice tests to build familiarity with the test and track their progress.
- Teacher Feedback: students receive frequent feedback from their instructors.
- Small Classes: the maximum class size in the TOEFL Course is 8 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group (link: read more about our small classes).
|TOEFL Exam Preparation|
|Levels||Intermediate (B1) to Advanced (C2)|
|Maximum # of students per class||8|
|Lessons per week||20|
|Schedule||Monday ‐ Friday from 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.|
|Start dates||January 8, 2018||6‐week course, SD and SF|
|February 26, 2018||6‐week course, SD only|
|April 16, 2018||6‐week course, SD only|
|June 4, 2018||4‐week course, SD only|
|July 2, 2018||4‐week course, SD and SF
|August 13, 2018||6‐week course, SD only|
|September 24, 2018||4‐week course, SF only|
|October 8, 2018||6‐week course, SD only|
|November 26, 2018||4-week course, SD only|
|Course length||4 or 6 weeks|
|Language focus||TOEFL; academic English|
Students who are enrolled in the TOEFL Preparation Course can also enroll in…
- English in Use (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.) ‐ San Francisco only
- Conversational English (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.) ‐ San Diego only
- Business English (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.)
- English for Academic Purposes (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.)
- Private Lessons (flexible times)
- *FREE* Study Hall (one day per week 1:30 p.m. ‐3:00 p.m.)
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read the visa information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.
Visit the Official TOEFL website: http://www.ets.org/toefl