TOEIC Preparation Course in San Diego
Maximum 8 students per class. Strong focus on speaking!
Note: Students from visa waiver countries signing up for our 20 lessons/week Standard, TOEIC courses do NOT need student visas.
TOEIC Course Description
The goal of the CISL TOEIC Preparation Course is to prepare students to take the listening and reading sections of the TOEIC test by helping students build the skills necessary to successfully answer the questions and complete the tasks in the test, improve their general and business English proficiency, and learn effective test‐taking strategies. The TOEIC is recognized by companies, organizations and agencies in more than 160 countries around the world.
- Language Skills: improve skills in listening, speaking, reading and vocabulary
- Language Control: learn, practice, and review English grammar, similar sounds, word forms, and business vocabulary.
- Test Taking: identify and understand different question types, learn tips for handling each section of the test, take practice tests to build familiarity with the test and track progress.
- Business English: learn, practice, and review business vocabulary and audio announcements and other typical media.
- Comprehensive Resources: students receive an in‐depth textbook with explanations, practice questions, and other tools that they can use to supplement their classwork.
- Student Assessment: students are frequently assessed and receive reports on their progress.
- Practice Tests: students take practice tests to build familiarity with the test and track their progress.
- Teacher Feedback: students receive frequent feedback from their instructors.
- Small Classes: the maximum class size in the TOEIC Course is 8 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group (link: read more about our small classes).
|TOEIC Exam Preparation|
|Levels||(B2) to (C2)|
|Maximum # of students per class||8|
|Lessons per week||20|
|Schedule||Monday ‐ Friday from 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.|
|Start dates||January 2, 2019||6‐week course, SD only|
|March 4, 2019||6‐week course, SD only|
|April 29, 2019||6‐week course, SD only|
|July 1, 2019||6‐week course, SD only|
|Course length||6 weeks|
|Language focus||TOEIC; academic English|
Students who are enrolled in the TOEIC Preparation Course can also enroll in…
- Conversational English (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.) ‐ San Diego only
- Business English (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.)
- English for Academic Purposes (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.)
- Private Lessons (flexible times)
- *FREE* Study Hall (one day per week 1:30 p.m. ‐3:00 p.m.)
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read the visa information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.
Visit the Official TOEIC website: https://www.ets.org/toeic