Premier Business English Programs
in San Diego, California
Executive Business English Program in San Diego for Professionals and other Motivated Learners
Maximum 4 students per group class or private lessons!
CISL Executive English is an English program designed for business executive, professionals, and highly motivated learners, with an intermediate level of English, who want to:
- Advance their English skills in their business environment
- Learn how to do business with different cultures
- Prepare more effective presentations
- Negotiate with clients, suppliers, and employees
- Make convincing proposals
- Deal with performance issues
- Students have reported that they feel more confident with their English skills and more effective in their business communications.
- Class size is a maximum of 4 students, ensuring that everyone receives individual attention.
- Instructors are required to have teaching and business experience.
- Prepare more effective presentations
- Self-study materials for ongoing learning are part of each course.This encourages each executive to continue applying what they have learned.
- The learning material serves as reference material back on the job.
This course is for all professionals seeking to gain an advantage through effective language acquisition. A positive addition to the course is the major projects incorporated within the sessions for students taking 28 lessons per week. These projects are included in the students’ portfolios and every student should come away with the improved confidence needed in today’s competitive world.
The objective of this course is to improve our clients’ ability to communicate effectively and with confidence in English in a wide range of business situations. The course develops the communication skills needed to succeed in business and function professionally in the business world.
The focus is on the global environment in which multinational companies operate. Thus, participants should acquire awareness of, and an appreciation for, the diversity and complexity of the international environment. With the role the English language plays in business these days, it is essential to be able to express oneself confidently during stressful negotiations, presentations, marketing deals, and other important situations.
While the emphasis of the course is on improving their English communication skills, students also acquaint themselves with the special terms, concepts, and institutions encountered in business. A stimulating aspect of this course is the incorporation of various current topics from a variety of sources, such as the popular business press, Financial Times. In addition to comprehensive coverage of traditional international business vocabulary and concepts, students gain a better understanding of how to deal with cultural differences encountered in business situations and of current trends in business practice, through the use of role play, case studies, authentic reading and authentic listening.
Executive English is a highly engaging program designed to challenge motivated students and meet their individual business English needs. The focus is on business‐related situations and topics, such as conflict resolution, negotiations, management, leadership, and finance. In the small classes (4 students maximum) or one‐on‐one sessions, students have ample opportunity to discuss these topics and build their vocabulary, usage, understanding and confidence. They then hone their skills by putting what they have learned into practice by writing emails, reports, and meeting minutes; conducting meetings; giving presentations; and making client calls. The class follows the principle of learning by doing.
- Teacher Feedback: Students receive frequent feedback from their instructors on their progress.
- Small Classes: The maximum class size in the Executive English Course is 4 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group (link read more about why small classes are important).
- Practical Activities and Assignments: Class activities and assignments mimic tasks that students will encounter in real‐life situations so that students can confidently use English to communicate in business situations after leaving CISL.
Recent clients include ABB (Brazil), Ernst and Young (Switzerland), Pulse Electronics (France), Rendilitros (Mexico), Balmer-Etienne (Switzerland), Bernet Public Relations (Switzerland). Swisscom, United Bank of Scotland (UBS), Hitachi Data Systems (Brazil), KPMG (Italy), Autoliv do Brasil, X5 Retail Group (Russia), Lenzi Automobili (Italy), Anthesis (Germany), Buhler (Switzerland), and Vatorantim Cimentos (Brasil).
|Executive Program in San Diego|
|Levels||Lower‐Intermediate (A2) to Advanced (C2)|
|Maximum # of students per class||4|
|Lessons per week||20|
|Schedule||Monday‐Friday from 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m. (Optional Private Lessons available in the afternoon)|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||Students can choose how long they want to stay in the course; the minimum is 2 weeks.|
|Language focus||General and Business English|
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read visa information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.
San Diego Executive English clients have the option of staying in a variety of locations suitable for every preference and budget. Staying with a San Diego Homestay family allows the client to experience American culture and to benefit from living with English speakers. Clients select from breakfast only or both breakfast and dinner. Clients also have the option of comfortable student residences, luxury apartment suites, or cosmopolitan hotels.
SAN DIEGO ACTIVITIES
The city of San Diego is an excellent place to study and learn English and meet people from around the world. With its wonderful climate, sunny skies, world class golf courses and beautiful beaches, islands, and peninsulas, this modern, safe, and clean city attracts people from all over the world. San Diego’s warm weather allows its residents to enjoy outdoor sports, such as golf, tennis, and surfing, year round.
- Golf (over 90 courses)
- 70 miles of Beaches for surfing, swimming, walking
- Boating, Sailing, Fishing
- San Diego Zoo
- La Jolla
- Coronado Island
- Balboa Park