Summer English Program
at LMU Los Angeles
2, 3, or 4 week English Courses + Activities + Optional 1 week California Coast Trip
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
The glamour of Los Angeles and laid-back California lifestyle come together with CISL's Los Angeles English camp! The Los Angeles English program for teens is held at Loyola Marymount University (LMU), a campus set on a hill looking over the LA skyline and the Pacific Ocean. CISL’s LMU Summer English Program offers students the chance to study at Loyola Marymount for two, three, or four weeks and also includes an option for an additional one-week California Coast Trip. Of all the ESL camps for teens in Los Angeles, CISL's is by far the most exclusive and exciting while still promising CISL's maximum results through its small classroom size: students take part in CISL’s traditionally small classroom (an average of just 8 students per instructor) and quickly improve their speaking and comprehension skills through practices focusing on fluency, comprehension, and communication confidence.
CISL's Los Angeles English camp classes are held on LMU’s expansive campus in classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities. Afternoons are dedicated to cultural workshops and CISL-organized activities such as exploring nearby Santa Monica, shopping in Los Angeles, or attending LA museums. On the weekends, English camp in Los Angeles students enjoy longer excursions to other Southern California locations such as Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach, and Six Flags Magic Mountain Amusement Park.
The optional one-week California Coast Trip allows students to see more of beautiful California. As they travel alongside the Pacific Ocean, Los Angeles ESL camp students take in the California Coast from north to south, exploring San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, and Santa Barbara before completing their journey in Los Angeles.
CISL's Los Angeles Junior ESL program offers teens a charming West Coast location to learn English.
- Classes and accommodation located at stunning Loyola Marymount University, a private institution with superb views of Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean
- A safe, serene campus with the most modern academic and recreational facilities
- Easy access to exciting and start-studded Los Angeles
Teens live in comfort and safety with CISL's English camp in Los Angeles.
- Students live and study at Loyola Marymount University (LMU), known as one of the most beautiful campuses in California
- LMU residences (shared room/shared bath)
- 21 meals per week provided
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
Courses with CISL's Los Angeles English program for teens include the following features:
- Classes held on LMU’s stunning campus
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- English classes 5 days per week, 9 am to 12:30 pm
- 20 English courses (total of 17 hours) per week
- Additional afternoon Cultural Workshops (2 per week) for all Los Angeles Junior ESL program students
With CISL's Los Angeles English Camp activities, students have access to the most exciting areas on the East Coast.
- Constant activity: CISL's English Camp for teens in Los Angeles plans afternoon or evening activities Monday through Friday to provide students additional chances to socialize, exercise, and explore Los Angeles
- Weekday excursions to some of the best museums, beaches, shopping malls, and restaurants in Southern California allow CISL's Los Angeles ESL camp students to see even more of exciting LA
- Weekend excursions to some of the area’s most exciting amusement parks—including Disneyland and Six Flags—and to beautiful Santa Barbara and San Diego.
- Optional One-Week California trip to San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles
- See the sample English Camp in Los Angeles activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
|LMU (Los Angeles) International Junior Program Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30-pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
Afternoon and evening activities Mondays through Saturdays. See the sample LMU activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
California Coast: 6 days/6 nights- San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Barbara. Includes hotels (shared rooms), coach transportation/tickets. Last night in Los Angeles at the end of the trip (in hotel, shared room). Meals not included. View 1 week trip itinerary.
|Additional Costs|| |
Airport Transfers: Group: $100 includes airport transfers (LAX). Individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|9:00-10:40||English Class|| |
|Optional Sunday Excursion|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities|
*Afternoon Cultural Workshops are included. ** Meals are not included on trips. *** Tuesday July 4th is a national holiday; activities will be provided on this day.
For more information regarding CISL's Los Angeles ESL Camp, contact the Junior Program Director.