Summer English Camp at
the University of San Diego
2, 3, or 4-week English Course + Activities
+ Optional 1 week Southwest Trip
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
Come experience the relaxed vibe of Southern California on the beautiful University of San Diego campus! In addition to English classes, USD program students take part in cultural workshops and explore sunny San Diego through CISL-organized afternoon activities such as trips to the San Diego Zoo, shopping at Fashion Valley Mall, surfing and biking on Pacific Beach, and exploring upscale La Jolla Village. CISL's Summer English camp in San Diego also offers an optional one-week Southwest Trip that includes stops at Disneyland, Universal Studios, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Rodeo Drive before an extended stay in Las Vegas and at the Grand Canyon.
The San Diego ESL Camp includes:
- Classes and accommodation on the beautiful University of San Diego campus, which has stunning views of Mission Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and San Diego
- Central location: San Diego’s beaches, Downtown, and Old Town are just minutes away
- Afternoon Cultural Workshops
- Optional Southwest Trip
Curriculum and courses for CISL's English camp in San Diego include:
- CISL-created curriculum that goes beyond English learning and places an emphasis on Speaking and the Arts, exam preparation strategies, STEM, and leadership
- English classes are held on USD’s safe campus with modern facilities and manicured groups
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- 20 English lessons per week
- 2 Cultural Workshops per week
- Classes from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, 5 days per week
Residential or Homestay Accommodations
CISL’s San Diego English Camp offers homestay or residential accommodation options.
- Homestay with a trusted and welcoming American family (many have been working with CISL for years)
- Residential accommodations in spacious and modern on-campus suite-style dorms
- 21 meals per week provided with residential accommodations; 19 meals per week for host family accommodation
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
CISL’s English camp in San Diego offers:
- Afternoon or evening activities such as laser tag, visits to local beaches, barbecues, organized sports, and trips to the aquarium allow students to engage in socialization as well as cultural and physical activity
- Weekend trips provide the opportunity to further explore San Diego and other areas of Southern California and enjoy the beautiful local climate
- All-day excursions to exciting locations such as nearby Los Angeles
- Optional 6 day/6 night trip to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon
- See the USD ESL Camp Activities Calendar for more information.
|USD Summer English Camp in San Diego Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, San Diego ESL Camp students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
University residence (Missions Complex; 21 meals/week) or homestay (19 meals/week)
Half-day activities plus full day SATURDAY excursions. See the sample USD activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
Best of the Southwest: 6 days/6 nights- Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon. Includes hotels (shared rooms), coach transportation/tickets. Meals not included. View trip itinerary.
Groups: $100 per person from San Diego International Airport (SAN). Individuals: Contact Junior Program Director.
|USD English Camp in San Diego (USD) Daily Schedule|
|9:00-10:40||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||
|Optional Sunday Excursion|
|11:00-12:30||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities|
* Wednesday, July 4th is a national holiday; activities will be provided on this day.