Summer English Camp at
the University of San Diego
2, 3, or 4-week English Course + Activities
+ Optional 1 week Southwest Trip
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
Come experience the relaxed vibe of Southern California at its best! Spanish Renaissance and Mission style buildings of the University of San Diego campus set the tone for a beautiful two, three, or four-week stay at CISL’s English camp in San Diego. CISL English classes Monday through Friday allow students to interact with other international students and a certified ESL instructor in a warm, engaging, and professional environment. With CISL’s small-class policy, no more than 10 students are placed in each class, ensuring San Diego English camp students receive the attention needed to improve their English skills.
In addition to English classes, CISL summer ESL camp students take part in cultural workshops and also have the opportunity to explore beautiful San Diego through CISL-organized afternoon activities. CISL’s San Diego ESL Junior Program events include trips to the San Diego Zoo, shopping at Fashion Valley Mall, surfing and biking on Pacific Beach, and exploring upscale La Jolla Village.
CISL's Summer English camp in San Diego doesn't just offer the best of SD: the English camp for teens also offers an optional one-week Southwest Trip that includes stops at Disneyland, Universal Studios, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Rodeo Drive before an extended stay in Las Vegas and at the Grand Canyon.
The San Diego ESL Camp includes:
- A stunning University of San Diego location atop Alcala Park with stunning views of Mission Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and San Diego
- Centrally located: with the San Diego English program for teens, San Diego’s beaches, Downtown, and Old Town are just minutes away
- Accommodations on USD’s beautiful campus with buildings inspired by 16th century Spanish Mission-style architecture
Residential or Homestay Accommodations
San Diego English Camp accommodations offer safety and luxury on one of the most beautiful college campuses in the United States.
- Students study on the safe and peaceful University of San Diego campus
- Residence in spacious and modern on-campus suite-style dorms or in homestays
- 21 meals per week provided
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
Curriculum and courses for CISL's English camp in San Diego include:
- San Diego Junior ESL program classes are held on USD’s campus with modern facilities, gorgeous Spanish Renaissance buildings, and beautiful ocean views
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- English classes from Monday through Friday, 9 am to 12:30 pm with a 20 minute break
- 20 classes/16 hours of instruction per week
- San Diego English program for teens also included afternoon Cultural Workshops (2 per week)
The English camp in San Diego provides students:
- Afternoon or evening activities such as laser tag, visits to local beaches, barbecues, organized sports, and trips to the aquarium allow students to engage in socialization as well as cultural and physical activity
- Weekend trips provide the opportunity to further explore San Diego and other areas of Southern California and enjoy the beautiful local climate
- All-day excursions to exciting locations like nearby Los Angeles and San Diego’s Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Optional 6 day/6 night trip to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon
- See the USD ESL Camp Activities Calendar for more information.
|USD Summer English Camp in San Diego Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, San Diego ESL Camp students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
University residence (Missions Complex; 21 meals/week) or homestay (19 meals/week)
Half-day activities plus one all-day excursion. See the sample USD activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
Best of the Southwest: 6 days/6 nights- Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon. Includes hotels (shared rooms), coach transportation/tickets. Meals not included. View trip itinerary.
|Airport Transfers|| |
Groups: $100 per person from San Diego International Airport (SAN). Individuals: Contact Junior Program Director.
|USD English Camp in San Diego (USD) Daily Schedule|
|9:00-10:40||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class|| |
|Optional Sunday Excursion|
|11:00-12:30||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural Workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities|
* Wednesday, July 4th is a national holiday; activities will be provided on this day.