Open for in-person Instruction!
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/cisl_live/wp-content/themes/language-school/framework/function/template-functions.php on line 784
Home / English Courses in San Diego, California / Adult English Courses in California - CISL | Standard English Course, Business English Course & more / TOEFL Preparation
TOEFL Preparation Course in San Diego
TOEFL Course Description
The goal of the TOEFL Preparation Course is to prepare students to take the TOEFL iBT test by helping students build the skills necessary to successfully answer the questions and complete the tasks in the test, improve their general and academic English proficiency, and learn effective test‐taking strategies. In addition, students will benefit from this college-readiness course which includes authentic college lecture listening and note-taking. The TOEFL is recognized by colleges, universities, and agencies in more than 130 countries around the world.
improve skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
learn, practice, and review English grammar, pronunciation, word forms, and vocabulary.
examine different cultures’ communication styles and be sensitive to these differences; become a better intercultural communicator
learn, practice, and review academic vocabulary and writing.
- Comprehensive Resources: students receive an in‐depth textbook with explanations, practice questions, and other tools that they can use to supplement their classwork.
- Student Assessment: students are frequently assessed and receive reports on their progress.
- Practice Tests: students take practice tests to build familiarity with the test and track their progress.
- Teacher Feedback: students receive frequent feedback from their instructors.
- Small Classes: the maximum class size in the TOEFL Course is 8 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group (link: read more about our small classes).
|TOEFL ibt Exam Preparation|
|Levels||B1 to C2|
|Maximum # of students per class||8|
|Lessons per week||20|
|Schedule||Monday ‐ Friday from 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.|
|Start dates||January 3, 2022||6‐week course|
|March 28, 2022||6‐week course|
|July 5, 2022||4‐week course|
|September 12, 2022||6‐week course|
|October 24, 2022||4‐week course|
|Course length||4 or 6 weeks|
|Language focus||TOEFL; academic English|
Students who enroll in the TOEFL Course can also enroll in…
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read the student visa information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.
Visit the Official TOEFL website: http://www.ets.org/toefl