Important Information about
the CoVid-19 Situation & CISL Online Courses >
Preguntas frecuentes del programa junior
Yes, laundry is available on campus for a fee. Students must do their own laundry. A staff member is available to assist if needed.
Yes. WiFi is available on all campuses and is free of charge.
All Sunday activities are at the student’s expense. Program Managers will provide a list of a few activities (with prices) to choose from by Thursday prior to the Sunday activity. Staff accompanies students on optional excursions
If students choose to not go on one of the selected activities, they can remain on campus to do laundry, study and do homework, rest, or participate in supervised on-campus activities (such as swimming and field sports).
Students are not allowed to leave the campus unsupervised. If a student requests to go off campus, they must be accompanied by a CISL staff member.
Unfortunately CISL does not hire translators during the summer. On rare occasions, we have staff members who speak multiple languages and can assist with students who are having trouble communicating. If a staff member is not available, we use on-campus group leaders or advanced students to assist with translating.
The New York and Boston trip itineraries vary annually. Some of the activities we have done in the past include Top of the Rock, walking the Brooklyn Bridge, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Times Square (New York), Faneuil Hall, Harvard Square, visit to MIT, Quincy Market (Boston).
Prices are per person:
- Chicago (ORD) -> $200 one way
- San Diego Airport->University of San Diego = $80 one way
- LAX->Loyola Marymount University = $80 one way
- LAX->University of San Diego = $325 one way
- Dulles International-> Georgetown University = $150
- JFK-> Yale = $295 one way
- San Francisco International-> UC Berkeley = $250 one way
Yes, the UNMS fees vary by university. The fee is in addition to any fees charged by airline.
- Loyola University Chicago: $135 (arrival); $155 (departure)
- University of San Diego: $125 (arrival); $150 (departure)
- Loyola Marymount University: $125 (arrival); $150 (departure)
- Yale: $135 (arrival); $155 (departure)
- Georgetown: $135 (arrival); $155 (departure)
- UC Berkeley: $135 (arrival); $155 (departure)
Student arrival time is after 16.00 on their start date.
Student departure time is before 12.00 on their departure date.
Generally students can arrive on a Saturday for an extra fee. Please contact the Junior Programs Director for pre-approval.
Yes, all students must pay a $150 (US) cash deposit to the Program Manager upon arrival. The deposit is refunded on departure after a room inspection. Please note that the deposit may also be retained for rule infractions.
Spending money varies on each student’s spending habits. Students should plan to bring about $100 per week for laundry, souvenirs, snacks or other personal items the student may need.
AC is only available at the Georgetown and Loyola University Chicage program. Students at the Yale program are provided with a box fan for their bedrooms. The California programs do not tend to experience high temperatures that would require AC and/or fans.