Open for in-person Instruction!
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/cisl_live/wp-content/themes/language-school/framework/function/template-functions.php on line 784
Home / English Courses in San Diego and San Francisco, California / Cursos de Inglês para Adultos na Califórnia – CISL | Curso de Inglês Padrão, Curso de Inglês para Negócios e muitos outros / Caminhos Acadêmicos
Academic Pathway Programs in San Diego
Receive your college or university degree from an American institution, immerse yourself in the prestigious academic culture of the U.S., and make lasting academic connections! With the CISL University Pathway Program, students attend classes at CISL and gain the skills necessary to succeed in an academic setting before transferring to an American college or university to receive their degree.
This program consists of two parts :
Students begin their English training at CISL by enrolling in a morning course of their choice (Standard, Cambridge Assessment English, or TOEFL). When students obtain a CISL Upper Intermediate level of English, they additionally enroll in the 12-week CISL EAP program to obtain the English skills necessary for success in an academic environment.
- Mornings: Classes from 9 am to 12:40 pm (Monday through Friday) with the CISL course of the student’s choice
- Afternoons: CISL EAP classes from 1:30 pm to 3:10 pm (Monday through Thursday)
Working closely with the Pathway Coordinator, students identify the Pathway Partner colleges and universities that meet their academic goals, complete the necessary admissions and registration processes, and then enter their new academic environment.
* Full support from the Pathway Coordinator ensures a smooth transition to life as an American college student.
- The student’s schedule depends on the class schedule chosen by the student.
- A rigorous, academic curriculum through CISL’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program
- Advanced English skills to work and study confidently in English
- A degree from a U.S. college or university in a field of the student’s choice
- A post-secondary education with one of CISL’s Pathway Partner colleges or universities (located throughout California and the U.S.)
- Assistance with admission and registration at the CISL Pathway Partner college or university of their choice
- The full support of the CISL Pathway Coordinator throughout the program
This program is available to all students who have achieved the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. There is no minimum level of English proficiency required to enter the Pathway Program; however, as part of our agreement with our Pathway Partners, you must successfully complete CISL’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program before you may begin your classes at college or university. The EAP course is available to students who have achieved an Upper Intermediate level of English proficiency at CISL (CEFR level B2).
Students interested in the Pathway Program must:
- Have a U.S. High School Diploma or equivalent and be 18 years of age at the start of college course
- Enroll in a morning CISL course of their choice (Standard, Cambridge Assessment English, or TOEFL)
- Enroll in CISL’s afternoon EAP Courses (the EAP course can be combined with the TOEFL Preparation Course in the morning) once the student reaches the CISL Level of Upper Intermediate
- Complete the CISL EAP Course before entering college or university
- Work with the CISL Pathway Coordinator to identify the student’s desired school(s) for which to apply
- Complete all registration forms required (applications, personal statements, etc.). The required admissions documents will vary depending on the college or university.
- In some cases, take the TOEFL Exam (depending on the student’s target school)
- University Pathway students may begin their CISL courses at any time.
- U.S. college and university courses begin in August and January. Consult the Pathway Coordinator for more information on program start dates.
*Pathway Partner institutions are colleges and universities that have established a partnership with CISL. Should students meet all requirements except the desired level of English; the student will be granted Conditional Admission. With Conditional Admission, the student can begin classes with the college or university once he or she has successfully completed the CISL EAP course.