Are you coming to California to study English at one of our camps for teens, such as our program at UC Berkeley? If so, you’ll soon need to start preparing for your trip by doing some packing! (And maybe a little shopping, which we all know is the best “homework!”) Our packing guide includes the documents, clothes, and supplies you need for your time in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What to Pack for CISL’s Berkeley Juniors Program
Here are some of the things that CISL recommends that you bring with you on your trip.
Paperwork and documents
Make sure that you have the following:
- Valid passport (and visa, if needed)
- A photocopy of the passport and visa
- Pocket money in American dollars, or a pre-loaded debit card or check card or Visa Card
- Copy of travel insurance details
We also recommend emailing photos of these documents to yourself (so you have a digital copy that you can access from anywhere).
Your suitcase should have the following:
- Enough clothes for at least two weeks
- Suitable clothes for warm, cold, and wet weather
- Raincoat and/or umbrella
- Sports clothes: track suit bottoms/shorts, t-shirts, sports shoes
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Suitable clothes for a disco
- Sunglasses and sunscreen (because you ARE in California!)
- Toiletries: toothbrush and toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo, hairbrush, sanitary napkins, etc.
- Medication, if needed
- Contact lenses and contact solution and glasses (for those who need them)
School related supplies
For class, you will need:
- Class supplies: notebook, pencils, an eraser, pens
- Pocket bilingual dictionary
You will probably also want to bring the following:
- Adapter for U.S. electrical outlets. The voltage in the United States is 120V/60Hz
- Camera (unless you exclusively use the one on your smartphone)
If you’ve been to CISL’s Junior Program in Berkeley, what do you recommend that we add to this list? Let us know on the CISL Juniors Facebook page. Make sure to tag CISL in your photos on FB and Instagram so we can see you out and about in SF, and click here to see some of the activities our students participate in during their stay. Click here for more information on CISL’s Junior Program at UC Berkeley.
Photos from Shutterstock.