Summer English Camp at Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
2, 3, or 4-week ESL Camp in Washington DC + Activities
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
With the CISL English summer program in Washington DC, students attend classes at Georgetown University for two, three, or four weeks. All classes implement CISL’s stimulating curriculum, which focuses on fluency activities designed to improve each student’s confidence while speaking English. CISL’s ESL camp in Washington D.C. additionally offers workshops in the afternoon to provide teens an in-depth understanding of American culture.
During the afternoons, CISL organizes activities for students to explore the beautiful Georgetown campus and city. On Saturdays, students see the best of the East Coast with excursions to Six Flags, New York City, and Philadelphia.
CISL’s ESL camp in Washington D.C. offers:
- Classes at Georgetown University, one of the oldest and most beautiful campuses in the nation
- An idyllic, natural setting on a hilltop overlooking the Potomac River
- Location in D.C.’s historic Georgetown neighborhood, complete with tree lined, cobblestone streets and exquisite 18th century architecture
- Minutes from exciting and historic Washington D.C., the U.S. capital
Courses with CISL’s English summer program in Washington D.C. include:
- CISL-created curriculum that goes beyond English learning and places an emphasis on Speaking and the Arts, exam preparation strategies, STEM, and leadership
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- Students study on Georgetown University’s campus and enjoy access to its modern and beautiful facilities
- 20 English lessons per week
- Afternoon Cultural Workshops (2 per week)
CISL’s English camp in Washington D.C. provides:
- Classes on the attractive Georgetown University campus, with green spaces and Collegiate Gothic and Georgian brick buildings
- Accommodation in Darnall Hall (shared room/shared bath), with beautiful campus views
- 21 meals per week
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
- Communal kitchen on each dorm level
CISL’s Georgetown English camp activities include:
- A full schedule of afterschool and weekend activities that allow students to enjoy the best entertainment, museums, restaurants, and shopping of the East Coast
- Afterschool and evening activities to encourage socialization, a better understanding of American culture, and physical activity
- Weekend half day activities to nearby locations, theme parks, and museums
- An all-day excursion each week to cities like Baltimore and New York City
- Overnight trip to New York City (July 19 and 20, 2019)
- See the sample Georgetown English Camp activities calendar for details on CISL′s activities
|Georgetown University Summer International Junior Program|
Classes: 20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day with a 20 minute break from 10:40 to 11:00
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: In addition to English classes 5 days per week 9:00 am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30 -3:00 pm, students will participate in Cultural Workshops which focus on Leadership.
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
Georgetown University Residence: LXR Hall, 21 meals/week
New York City
Half-day activities plus full day Saturday excursions. View sample activities calendar.
Airport and/or Local Transportation Fee for * Groups: $100 (not included in price). Individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|Georgetown Junior Program Daily Schedule|
|9:00 – 10:40||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||Full Day Excursions||Optional Excursions|
|10:40 – 11:00||Break||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|11:00 – 12:30||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class|
|12:30 – 13:30||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|13:30 – 15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00 – 18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities|