Summer English Camp at Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
1, 2, 3, or 4-week ESL Camp in Washington DC + Activities
10 student class average; 12 student class maximum
With the CISL English summer program in Washington DC, students attend classes at Georgetown University for one, two, three, or four weeks. All classes implement CISL’s stimulating curriculum, which focuses on fluency activities designed to improve each student’s confidence while speaking English. CISL’s ESL camp in Washington D.C. additionally offers workshops in the afternoon to provide teens an in-depth understanding of American culture.
During the afternoons, CISL organizes activities for students to explore the beautiful Georgetown campus and city. On Saturdays, students see the best of the East Coast with excursions to Six Flags, New York City, and Philadelphia.
CISL’s ESL camp in Washington D.C. offers:
- Classes at Georgetown University, one of the oldest and most beautiful campuses in the nation
- An idyllic, natural setting on a hilltop overlooking the Potomac River
- Location in D.C.’s historic Georgetown neighborhood, complete with tree lined, cobblestone streets and exquisite 18th century architecture
- Minutes from exciting and historic Washington D.C., the U.S. capital
- Commuter Students: Day campers can participate in classes + activities and commute to the campus each morning. For more information on commuter pricing please contact us at [email protected].
Courses with CISL’s English summer program in Washington D.C. include:
- CISL-created curriculum actively engages students in their learning process through a project-driven English program
- Small class size: 10 students per class on average (no more than 12)
- Students study on Georgetown University’s campus and enjoy access to its modern and beautiful facilities
- 20 English lessons/ Afternoon Cultural Workshops
- Classes from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, 4 days/week
- Cultural Workshops 1:30-3:10 Tuesday and Thursday
CISL’s English camp in Washington D.C. provides:
- Classes on the attractive Georgetown University campus, with green spaces and Collegiate Gothic and Georgian brick buildings
- Shared dorms with beautiful campus views
- 19 meals per week
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
CISL’s prestigious English Camp at Georgetown English camp provides students with numerous opportunities to explore and enjoy the East Coast of the United States.
- A full schedule of afterschool and weekend activities that allow students to enjoy the best entertainment, museums, restaurants, and shopping of the East Coast
- Afterschool and evening activities to encourage socialization, a better understanding of American culture, and physical activity
- Weekend half day activities to nearby locations, theme parks, and museums
- An all-day excursion each week to cities like Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York City
- Overnight trip to New York City (July 12-13, 2024)
- See the sample Georgetown English Camp activities calendar for details on CISL′s exciting activities!
|Georgetown University Summer International Junior Program
16 AM ESL lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm Monday-Thursday
Cultural Workshops: 4 lessons per week on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30 -3:10 pm. Students will participate in Cultural Workshops which focus on leadership/democracy and DC cultural sites.
Class levels: 4
Note: Class size is an average of 10 students, with a maximum of 12
Shared Dorms and 19 meals/week
New York City
Half-day activities plus one one full day excursion per week. View sample activities calendar.
Airport and/or Local Transportation Fee not included in price. Groups/ individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|Georgetown Junior Program Daily Schedule (subject to change)
|9:00 – 10:40
|10:40 – 10:50
|10:50 – 12:30
|12:30 – 13:30
|13:30 – 15:10
|15:10 – 18:00
|Afternoon and Evening Activities