Important Information about
the CoVid-19 Situation >
Summer English Camp at UC Berkeley
English Classes in Berkeley, California for International Teens (2, 3 or 4 weeks + activities)
With CISL’s Berkeley English Program, students take classes at UC Berkeley (UCB) and live on the UCB campus. The program features a two, three, or four-week CISL English language training course, daily afternoon activities, and weekend excursions throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
CISL’s Berkeley English camp offers:
- Classes and accommodation in the unique and artistic town of Berkeley, with beautiful views of the SF Bay
- Quick subway ride to San Francisco
- 2 afternoon Cultural Workshops per week to learn more about American culture
Classes with the UC Berkeley camp for teens include:
- CISL-created curriculum extending past English learning to place an emphasis on Speaking and the Arts, exam preparation strategies, STEM, and leadership
- Average of 8 students per class (no more than 10)
- 20 English lessons per week
- Classes from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, 5 days per week
Residential accommodations for CISL’s Berkeley teen camp offer:
- Dorm residence on the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) campus
- Shared room/shared bath
- Wi-Fi Access
- Laundry Facilities (fee payable)
- 21 meals per week
CISL’s English camp for teens in Berkeley provides
- A variety of interesting and focused entertainment on weekday afternoons
- Full-day Saturday and half-day Sunday excursions to a variety of attractions (see the sample calendar)
|UC Berkeley Program Details|
20 lessons per week: daily from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm with a 20-minute break from 10:40 am to 11:00 am
Class levels: 4
Cultural Workshops: Aside from English classes Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon (1:30 p.m.), students will participate in lively debates and conversation that relate directly to your activities in the afternoon / weekend.
** The class size is an average of 7 students, with a maximum of 8
13 – 17 years
University Accommodation, 21 meals per week included
Half day activities plus an all day excursion. See sample activities calendar.
Airport Transportation Fee for Groups: $ 125 (not included in the price.
Individuals: please contact us for the rate.
|UC Berkeley Program Schedule|
|9:00 – 10:40||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||some Saturday excursions||free day|
|10:40 – 11:00||Break||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|11:00 – 12:30||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class|
|12:30 – 13:30||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|13:30 – 15:00||Cultural Workshops||Cultural workshops||Cultural Workshops||Cultural workshops||Cultural Workshops|
|3:00 – 3:30||Break||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|3:30 – 10:00||Activities in the afternoon or night|