Are you taking the CAE Exam soon? If so, then you know how difficult Part 2 of the Listening Module can be. In Part 2, students listen to a monologue and complete a gap-fill exercise. The best way to improve your score in this section is to practice as much as possible. For an entertaining way to sharpen your skills, we have a practice test with fun California facts and trivia. Some of the words (up to three in each gap) are missing. Can you complete the facts and trivia?
CAE Listening Part II Practice: Tips
Before you begin, here are some tips for the Listening Part 2 test:
- Write what you hear. You will listen to the recording twice so you can check your answers the second time.
- Make sure that the answer works grammatically in the sentence.
- Spelling counts. American or British English spelling is accepted.
- If it is a number, you can spell the number or write the digits. For example, you can write “50” or “fifty.” It is better to use the numbers, since spelling counts and you might misspell the number if you write it out.
- Try to read as much as you can of the text before the recording starts so that you can predict what you will hear.
Here is the recording. The questions are below. Good luck!
List of California Facts and Trivia/CAE Listening Part II Practice
Listen to the recording again before checking your answers.
CAE Listening Part II Practice Answers
For more information on CISL’s Cambridge exams, click here.
These facts are from 50States.com. For more interesting facts, visit: