Summer English Camp at Yale University
ESL Program at Yale University
2, 3, or 4-week English Course + Activities
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
Improve confidence speaking English at one of the most prestigious English camps in the United States! With CISL's English camp for teens at Yale, students live and study at one of the nation’s most prestigious Ivy League schools with over 400 years of rich history and beautiful Gothic and modern style architecture. Our English summer camp for teens provides access to Yale’s buildings, towers, lawns, courtyards, walkways, gates, and arches, which comprise what one architecture critic called “the most beautiful urban campus in America." Centuries of academic merit, prestige, and history come together at Yale. Connect yourself to Yale’s outstanding academic tradition with CISL’s Junior English programs at Yale University!
With CISL's English camp for teens at Yale, teenagers 13 to 17 attend small classes (an average of just 8 students; never more than 10 students per class) taught by highly qualified CISL instructors. The program offers two, three, or four weeks of CISL English classes, Cultural Workshops, CISL-organized off-campus activities in the afternoon, and weekend excursions.
CISL’s ESL Camp at Yale (in New Haven) offers the following:
- Classes and accommodations on the historic Yale University campus
- Beautiful, manicured surroundings (the city of New Haven is known as “The Elm City” for its impressive canopy of mature trees)
- Expansive campus with abundant brickwork and Collegiate Gothic architecture
- The city center, full of beautiful New England charm, is located within walking distance
Students in the ESL camp at Yale (New Haven) enjoy:
- Residential accommodations on the historic Yale University campus
- Shared room/shared bath
- 21 meals per week included
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
Courses for CISL's ESL camp at Yale offer students:
- Students study on Yale University’s beautiful campus with modern facilities
- Small class size: 8 students per class on average (no more than 10)
- 20 English courses (total of 17 hours) per week
- Classes from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm 5 days per week
- Afternoon Cultural Workshops
CISL's prestigious English Camp in New Haven provides students with numerous opportunities to explore the East Coast of the U.S.
- One of the most exciting English camps in the United States: CISL’s activity calendar is packed with events immersing students in physical, social, and cultural activities while providing students a chance to improve their English outside of class
- Afternoon, evening, and weekend activities allow students to explore the many museums, theaters, and parks of the city that calls itself the “Cultural Capital of Connecticut”
- Full day Wednesday excursions encourage students to experience as much of the East Coast as possible
- See the Sample Yale Activities Calendar for details on CISL’s exciting activities!
|English Camp at Yale Summer Teen Program Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day
Class levels: 4
Cultural workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00pm, Yale English camp students will engage in lively discussions and conversation exercises which pertain directly to their afternoon/weekend activities
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
Yale University Residence, 21 meals/week
New York City
Half-day activities plus one full day Wednesday excursion. See the sample English Camp at Yale activities calendar for details on CISL's exciting activities!
|Airport Transfers|| |
Airport (JFK) Transportation Fee for * Groups: $125 (not included in price). Individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|Yale Junior Program Daily Schedule|
|9:00-10:40||English Class||All day excursion|| |
|Optional Excursion Day|
|11:00-12:30||English Class||English Class|
|13:30-15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural workshops||Cultural workshops||Afternoon Activities||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00-18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities||Afternoon and Evening Activities|