ESL Summer Camp in New York City
English Summer Program at Barnard College 2, 3, or 4-week English Course + Activities
8 student class average; 10 student class maximum
Our New York City English camp at Barnard College is for international teenagers ages 14 to 17. Our classes are taught by highly qualified instructors with a bachelors and/or master/s degree. The program offers two, three, or four weeks of English classes, Cultural Workshops, organized off campus activities in the afternoons, and full-day excursions on the weekends.
CISL’s ESL Camp in New York City offers the following:
- Classes and accommodations on the safe, beautiful, and centrally located Barnard College campus in Manhattan.
- Students live and study on a beautiful campus affiliated with one of the most prestigious Ivy League schools in the country.
- In the heart of Manhattan, close to the best shops, restaurants, and museums of New York.
- CISL-created curriculum actively engages students in their learning process through a project-driven ESL program.
- All instruction takes place on the university’s campus along with modern facilities students can use.
- Small class sizes to ensure more one-on-one time with our qualified instructors
- 20 English lessons per week
- Classes from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, 5 days/week
- 2 Cultural Workshops per week
Students in the ESL camp at Barnard College (New York City) enjoy:
- Residential accommodations
- Shared room/shared bath
- 21 meals per week included
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities (fee payable)
CISL’s prestigious English Camp in New York City provides students with numerous opportunities to explore and enjoy the East Coast of the United States.
- One of the most exciting ESL camps in the United States: Our activity calendar is packed with events immersing students in social , and cultural activities while providing students a chance to improve their English outside of the classroom
- Afternoon, evening, and weekend activities allow students to explore the many museums, theaters, restarants and parks of New York
- Full day Saturday excursions allow students to visit Boston and Washington DC
- See the Sample NYC Activities Calendar for details on CISL’s exciting activities!
|English Camp in New York City Program Details|
20 lessons per week: from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm each day
Class levels: 4
Cultural workshops: In addition to English classes Monday-Friday 9:00 am-12:30 pm, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-3:00 pm, students will participate in theme-based Cultural Workshops focused on College Readiness
Note: Class size is an average of 8 students, with a maximum of 10
Barnard College Residence, 21 meals/week
Half-day activities plus full day Saturday excursions. See the sample English Camp at NYC activities calendar for details on CISL’s exciting activities!
Airport (JFK) Transportation Fee for * Groups: $175 (not included in price). Individuals please contact the Junior Program Director for fee.
|NYC Junior Program Daily Schedule|
|9:00 – 10:40||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||Full Day Excursions||Optional Excursions|
|10:40 – 11:00||Break||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|11:00 – 12:30||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class||English Class|
|12:30 – 13:30||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|13:30 – 15:00||Afternoon Activities||Cultural workshops||Afternoon Activities||Cultural workshops||Afternoon Activities|
|15:00 – 18:00||Afternoon and Evening Activities|