CISL is proud to announce a partnership with Santa Monica College in beautiful Southern California! With this new partnership, CISL’s English for Academic Purposes graduates can attend Santa Monica College (SMC) without taking the TOEFL. Learn about your future with SMC below.
CISL’s Newest Pathway Partner, Santa Monica College
What is Santa Monica College?
Santa Monica College is a two-year college that is part of the California Community College system. It is one of the most affordable colleges in the state and also one of the best: SMC is the #1 transfer college to UCLA, USC, the University of California system, and Loyola Marymount University. Begin your college studies at Santa Monica College and you are one step away from transferring to some of the best universities in California.
Why choose SMC?
Your academic options are impressive at SMC! Popular academic programs at SMC include Business, Computer Technology, Early Childhood Education, Graphic Design, and Nursing (for a full list of programs, visit the Santa Monica College website).
Here are some more of the many reasons to consider SMC:
- Incredible professors, including award-winning scientists, artists, scholars, and authors
- Beautiful location (less than two miles from the beach)!
- History of success in transfers: SMC has been the #1 transfer college to the UC system for 26 years
- Modern campus with buildings that have won several architectural awards
- “Smart classrooms” equipped with the latest technologies
- Numerous student clubs (more than 70!) and sports clubs for students to join
- Affordable tuition
- More than 60 academic degree programs
- 3,000+ international students from more than 100 countries
- Active International Education Center to assist with housing, academic counseling, and adjusting to life in the U.S.
- The college provides assistance with housing options (most students find housing within 5-7 days)
From SMC to University
After completing two years of education at SMC, finish the final two years of your four-year bachelor’s degree at a California State University campus. With SMC’s Guaranteed Transfer Agreement program, students with specific majors are guaranteed admission to a California State University school that has partnered with SMC. (To receive this, students must pass all of their classes.)
Some of the many areas of study include:
- Art History
- Business Administration
- Nutrition and Dietetics
For further information, read these statistics on CSU and UC transfers and student population demographics.
To learn more about CISL’s Pathway Program and how you can attend a U.S. college or university using a TOEFL waiver, contact CISL. Be sure to ask about our English for Academic Purposes course, which will provide you with the academic English skills you need to succeed in the American university classroom.