Business English Course
in San Diego and San Francisco
MAXIMUM 8 Students per Class!
The CISL Business English Course combines the Standard Course (9:00 - 12:40, Mon-Fri , 20 lessons) with Business English classes (1:30 - 3:10, Mon - Thurs., 8 lessons) for a total of 28 lessons.
- Business Communication Skills: learn how to lead and participate in meetings, build relationships, communicate clearly and concisely, report and analyze information, deliver news, make presentations, and more.
- Topics in Business: comprehend and discuss topics related to leadership/management, ethics, international business, employees/labor, clients, and more; use appropriate business vocabulary.
- Cultural Norms and Etiquette: learn how to communicate with business people from other cultures with tact.
- Teacher Feedback: students receive frequent feedback from their instructors on their progress.
- Small Classes: the maximum class size in the Business English Course is 8 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group. Learn more about why small classes are important.
- Practical Activities and Assignments: class activities and assignments mimic tasks that students will encounter in real‐life situations so that students can confidently use English to communicate in business after leaving CISL.
|Maximum # of students per class||8|
|Lessons per week||8|
|Schedule||Monday‐Thursday, 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||Students can choose how long they want to stay in the course; the minimum is 2 weeks.|
|Language focus||Business English|
Students who are enrolled in the Business Course can also enroll in…
- Standard (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- Global Success (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.) – San Francisco only
- Executive English (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.) – San Diego only
- TOEFL Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- Cambridge Exam Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- IELTS Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.) – San Diego only
- Private Lessons (flexible times)
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read the visa information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.