IELTS Exam Preparation
in San Diego, California
Maximum 8 Students per Class! Strong focus on speaking!
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English test for study and immigration. Last year, over 2 million candidates took the IELTS test to start their journeys into education and employment. The CISL IELTS Preparation Course is specifically designed for students who need to prove their English language skills to educational institutions, employers, professional registration or government immigration agencies.
IELTS Preparation is only offered at CISL San Diego. Our small classes of 8 students or fewer are sized to allow each student more time to practice speaking as well as receive individual attention. Key focus is placed on improving the skills tested on the academic module of the exam with an emphasis on becoming effective and confident in English even after the exam is over. The course includes 4 full length practice exams, test taking strategies and practical tips. Students should already be at the B-1 level.
The goal of the IELTS Preparation Course is to prepare students to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam and receive the appropriate band by helping students improve their English proficiency as well as equipping students with effective test‐taking strategies.
- Language Skills: improve skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Language Control: learn, practice, and review English grammar, pronunciation, word forms, and vocabulary
- Test Taking: identify and understand different question types, learn tips for handling each section of the test, take practice tests to build familiarity with the test and track progress
- Comprehensive Resources: students receive an in‐depth textbook with explanations, practice questions, and other tools that they can use to supplement their classwork
- Student Assessment: students are frequently assessed and receive reports on their progress
- Practice Tests: students take practice tests to build familiarity with the test and track their progress
- Teacher Feedback: students receive frequent feedback from their instructors
- Small Classes: the maximum class size in the IELTS Course is 8 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group. Learn more about our small classes.
|IELTS Exam Preparation (San Diego only)|
|Levels||Intermediate (B1) to Advanced (C2)|
|Maximum # of students per class||8|
|Lessons per week||20|
|Schedule||Monday‐Friday from 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.|
|Start dates||Feb 18, 2019||6‐week course|
|July 1, 2019||6‐week course|
|August 12, 2019||6‐week course|
|September 23, 2019||6‐week course|
|Course length||6 weeks|
|Language focus||IELTS; academic English|
Students who are enrolled in the IELTS Preparation Course can also enroll in…
- Conversational English (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.)
- Business English (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.)
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Monday‐Thursday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.)
- Private Lessons (flexible times)
- *FREE* Study Hall (Friday 1:30 p.m. ‐3:00 p.m.)
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read the visa information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.