Business English Courses in San Diego, California
Maximum 8 Students per Class!
The CISL Business English Course combines the Standard Course (9:00 am – 12:40 pm, Mon-Fri , 20 lessons) with Business English classes (1:30 pm – 3:10 pm, Mon – Thurs., 8 lessons) for a total of 28 lessons.
BUSINESS COMMUNICATION SKILLS
learn how to lead and participate in meetings, build relationships, communicate clearly and concisely, report and analyze information, deliver news, make presentations, and more.
TOPICS IN BUSINESS
comprehend and discuss topics related to leadership/management, ethics, international business, employees/labor, clients, and more; use appropriate business vocabulary.
CULTURAL NORMS AND ETIQUETTE
learn how to communicate with business people from other cultures with tact.
- Teacher Feedback: students receive frequent feedback from their instructors on their progress.
- Small Classes: the maximum class size in the Business English Course is 8 students, so students get a lot of personal attention and feel comfortable in a small group. Learn more about why small classes are important.
- Practical Activities and Assignments: class activities and assignments mimic tasks that students will encounter in real‐life situations so that students can confidently use English to communicate in business after leaving CISL.
|Businesss English Course|
|Levels||B2 to C2|
|Maximum # of students per class||8|
|Lessons per week||8|
|Schedule||Monday‐Thursday, 1:30 p.m. ‐3:10 p.m.|
|Start dates||Any Monday|
|Course length||Students can choose how long they want to stay in the course; the minimum is 2 weeks.|
|Language focus||Business English|
Students who enroll in the Business English Course can also enroll in…
- Standard (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- Executive English (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- TOEFL Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- Cambridge Assessment Exam Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- IELTS Preparation (Monday‐Friday 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:40 p.m.)
- Private Lessons (flexible times)
Note: Students taking any 20‐lesson per week course and who are requesting an I‐20 for a student visa will also need to take either an Afternoon Elective or attend a 1.5 hour Study Hall session each week in order to meet the 18‐hour per week minimum requirement for the student visa. One lesson = 50 minutes. For more information about U.S. visas, please read the visa information here or contact us directly using the online inquiry form.